Emily has been playing classical piano for almost nine years with Ms. Inna and Ms. Markina. She started learning singing from Ms. Rene in the summer of 2012. Emily said, "Singing and playing piano have become a great way for me to vent out my pain and misery." Emily also writes songs and she wrote her first song when she participated in the 2010 NExT Region Destination ImagiNation Tournament where Emily's team placed fourth place.
• 8th Grade - Most Improved Musician in The State Champion Band: Fowler Middle School Band
• 8th Grade - Lone Star Ambassadors Nomination for Band
• 8th Grade - 11th chair of oboe in the regional band (Competed against students from 19 middle schools representing Frisco, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Little Elm, Lake Dallas)
• 8th Grade - First chair on Oboe in Symphonic band
• 7th Grade - Most Outstanding Musician Award (One girl and one boy more than 300 band members)
• Member of Fowler Symphony, which was the State Champion from The Texas Musicians Educators Assciation (TMEA)
• The Fowler Middle School Band has won every festival they have competed in.
• Received a "1," Highest Ranking, on Oboe Solo
• Received "Superior plus" highest ranking on all piano festivals
• 2007/2008 - High artistic achievement at the FISD Youth Art Month Show Spring
Emily's song, "You Have Talent!"
YOU HAVE TALENT!
We all have days when we're discouraged
but never give up and follow your heart because you have talent!
It's because no one notices.
People don't ever give you a chance to show it off.
No matter yyou are big, small, or scary, always rember,
YOU HAVE TALENT!
It is what matters! Just climb up the ladder to reach your goal!!